Monday, September 22, 2008

God has a way of making you feel stupid and amazing all at once

What I realized shortly after my last blog is:
A)God does speak to me on a daily bases.
2)I already knew the above, That's why I feel stupid. I feel amazing because I heard that small powerful voice and God reaffirmed his presence and voice in my life and that is good!

I was walking through the forest just west of Green ridge a few weeks ago and it was beautiful! It was not six a.m. pre nautical twilight. Owl's cooed softly in the great ponderosa trees, every snap of a twig, an earth shaking event. A majestic silence, preceded by years of thoughtful quietness and grandeur. In that still beginning I found God and he spoke to me in the cool breeze.
 The piercing beep of a text message tore through the quiet(there is no escape from technology). It was a relatively new and very valued friend who had also felt the presence of God in those early morning hours. A slightly more urban setting was her dwelling, however. "Stay in the tent" she said. I knew the verse, but not how it applied to the current situation. I had no tent, no cover, it was just pure nature, pure God in his awesome creation. So I sat, and I listened to a voice that spoke things I didn't understand. Like a child who recognizes his fathers voice, yet knows not the words he speaks, I was comforted in his illustrious presence. And I stayed. 
Again I waited in that same wood, and again he came upon me. This time like warm milk and honey, a sensational ecstasy that could only be relieved by rejoicing in His goodness. "Praise Jesus" I whispered, "thank you for this beautiful forest God."He gave me insight and relieved my angst. He brought piece and comfort to my restless and ensnared mind. He spoke to me of what I might need for the months ahead and all of my worries dropped away. He brought my eyes upon my dad hunkered down behind a massive Cedar. Immediately I was grateful for my dad, and that precious time that we spent being still together. Understanding flowed from God's hands into my mind. For that moment I knew it was all okay and that God would be with me if only I seek him. I knew that not doing so would be the biggest mistake of my life. So I listen for his word, react to his mighty voice, and stay in the tent that is his presence.

Thanks for reading,

Branden







No comments: