Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's back!

Finally the feeling, that, without doubt but sometimes much delay, is back. That, being the feeling of: I need to tell you some more stuff (or crap as per my last entry, but this one is a little more withheld). I don't know where it is going, but It starts with this:

The feeling that you are going to explode with anger if you don't do something really immature immediately, which you will regret soon after. If you've ever attempted a puzzle with your grandparents (whom we all love), you absolutely know what I mean. And I'm not talking the nice ten piece puzzles of beauty and the beast, oh no... we're talking the eighteen million piece picture of a blue lake reflecting a very blue sky and one little duck in the middle and a white cloud if you're lucky. It's funny, really, that such a peaceful, serene picture can make a person so angry. More times than I can count I've had to leave the puzzle table in search of Nanny's soothing chocolate chip cookies, that will divert my need to punch a wall or hit my face on a slab of concrete, ok, maybe not that one. 
Usually, I don't know why I feel such an uneasy feeling (unless I'm involved in the puzzle from above). If you asked me, "hey Branden, what's wrong?" I would say, "I don't know, I just feel off today" and then I would spend the next ten or fifteen... hours of the day trying to put my finger on why I feel so weird. Maybe you haven't done this, but if you have, then you know that feeling that just won't leave you alone and for some -or- no reason, refuses to let you be happy. 
The reason I am so glad to write to you now (if you heard Corey's message you already know) is that you can choose to make your soul be at peace. I'm so excited about this, and now I realize why I am such an avid nature lover. Because, when I go into the vast wild that God has created my priorities are set straight; I have a healthy fear of God and his creation, I understand that I am very small and He is enormous, and I understand that I am part of this awesome creation. Suddenly, I am at peace. Corey Talked about being like Jesus, and how, out of all the things He did and all of the unconditional love He poured out, being at peace is really one of the more simple Jesusisms we can imitate. Yes, I made up a word in that last sentence. Anyway, That's actually all I have to say.  So take a walk, or go on a drive, or even hide in your closet and do a Lion King puzzle, no, don't do the puzzle part actually, but find God in the quiet. Let's be a people of peace and stillness and faith, hearing every beautiful word that God wispers to us. What an awesome God! What an awesome opportunity to be with our maker!

Corey, if you read this, thanks for that message!

Sincerely,

Branden


4 comments:

Jessie Dale said...

Good blogging. Good job. You are a credit to bloggers everywhere. I love you brother!

Cassie said...

hey i found your blog... and well... i like it... you put your thoughts out there in an amazing way!

thanks for sharing!

Corey Parnell said...

Beard, great blog. I'm not sure how you got all of that from a message on "the importance of angelic wingspan" but I appreciate the shout out.

Tristan said...

Oh man, I totally know about the puzzle thing. They're so frustrating, yet so tantalizingly addictive. It's kind of a blessing/curse that I haven't had the opportunity to venture into Nan and Pop's puzzle room as of yet.