Friday, October 17, 2008

Waiting and watching...

This post has the potential to be as {random, strange, queer} as my last one, if not a little more. Hopefully my thoughts will come together nicely, though, so not to distract the reader. Oh man! I can't believe I just wrote "the reader" I understand if that makes you stop reading, or best case, keep reading but stop paying attention. 

Anyway, I hope you had the chance to listen to Bo Stern speak last night. She was really great! I am thankful for leaders in our church that are so connected and wise, and thought provoking. Part of Bo's message regarding relationship with other humans was to pray, and watch and wait. I was thinking about that today and another thought came into my mind. This is it, not profound, at least not at first glimpse, but I think we are all affected by this statement. 

"Some of the best things in life are worth waiting for" 

I think some of you may disagree instantly, not because this is a horrible thought, but more because waiting seems so stagnant and inactive and shouldn't you be out there making things happen? Yes, of course, that's what I'm saying. See, check this definition of waiting out

Waiting: The action of staying where one is, or delaying action until a particular time or until something else happens.

Waiting is very much an action, and a choice and it is wise, because you are considering your actions, planning and not just acting out of emotion or something as movable as that. In essence you are sifting through all of these stimulants and things that enter into your life and choosing the very best. The best! the same best that God wants for us because He wants to prospure us and not harm us. I'm convinced, I believe that God has good things, great things in store for us. Things that are worth waiting for, and praying for, and watching for the time when He whispers in our ears, "Ok, go!"

Thanks for reading, and thank you Bo for being a great leader and speaker and friend!

Branden Thomas Carpenter


4 comments:

Cassie said...

defiantly not as random as your last post!

well stated that waiting IS indeed an action!

Bo Stern said...

Aw...you're welcome! I love your posts...they make me think. - Bo

Anonymous said...

Branden-It's been so great getting to know you! I'm glad the kids and I moved in too. Love the blog. -Hailey

Jessie Dale said...

Wonderful post dear brother. I loved hearing your lovely phone voice tonight! I'm waiting to live in the same city as you :)